AOL Fall Beauty Awards - Sensible Stylista

AOL Fall Beauty Awards

I'm THRILLED to announce that I'm a 2015 fall beauty judge for AOL! I tried over 20+ skincare products, and I'll be telling you guys all about the best of the best in today's post.
1.  Bliss Micro Magic ($48) - Micro Magic is, hands down, the most incredible at-home microdermabrasion treatment I've ever tried.  Formulated with fine volcanic pumice, vitamin E, and soothing aloe, this product exfoliates like no other.  I promise that you'll see AND feel a difference after one wash!  $48 may seem pricy but this item's worth every penny!  Use it twice a week after cleansing for max results.  

2.  C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve ($5.50) - If you have dry lips, this item is a must-have.  It's emulsified with rose extract, which conditions and helps ease irritation.  As a plus, it smells like heaven and gives you a light pink tint.  I like to apply a thin layer before bed to keep my pucker moisturized.

3.  Artistry Youth Xtend Enriching Cream ($79.30) - Artistry may just be my new fave skincare line. This cream is unreal because it works overnight to "reprogram" your skin - it repairs existing damage, while improving smoothness and radiance.  Made of life-extending mediterranean botanical, this cream encourages skin's natural youth protein production.  FYI, it's currently on sale at Amazon for $79.30 (it's originally $169.95).  Purchase this STAT before it sells out.  I promise you'll thank me when your skin's softer than a baby's bottom, ha.  In my humble opinion, this cream's better than La Mer's famous moisturizing soft cream.

4.  First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads ($15 for 30, $30 for 60) - I don't know about you guys, but toner's a must for my daily skincare routine.  I usually use liquid toner, but I like these because they tone and exfoliate!  Ingredients include cucumber, indian gooseberry, lemon peel, and licorice root. Note: these pads are perfect for sensitive skin because they're free of harsh chemicals and colorants.

5.  Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser ($36) - I know I listed Bliss' exfoliating treatment above, but this cleanser's different because it's gentle enough for daily use.  Murad recommends using it 2-3 times a week, but IMO as long as you're not rubbing furiously, you can use it everyday.  It's made of three exfoliating agents - salicylic acid, lactic acid, and glycolic acid -  and Jojoba skin-polishing beads. The aforementioned ingredients loosen dulling buildup and polish excess debris.

6.  Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil ($48) - This product is everything.  It's seriously the best argan oil I've ever used.  Grown organically in Morocco, this formula contains healing, conditioning, and anti-aging properties.  I apply this on my face (over my moisturizing cream) 1-2x a week and on the ends of my wet hair daily.

7.  Erno Laszlo Phormula 3-9 ($255) - Man, Erno Laszlo knows good skincare.  This incredible cream will seriously impress - this is luxury at its finest. Rich, tropical tamanu oil boosts skin health and promotes rapid healing, while dromiceius oil restores the skin's moisture barrier and stimulates cell renewal.  Note: this product apparently smoothes scars, wounds, and burns (in addition to dry skin) - I can't really comment because I don't have any notable marks.

Have you guys tried any of these? What beauty products are you loving lately?

9 comments

  1. Hello from Spain: I do not use these brands .. We keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being a judge! That is so awesome! =)

    Melanie
    Aetherlily.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations lovely! :) Now I really want to try the Josie Maran oil, would be so good for the ends of my hair as well

    Boonya of the arty wardrobe
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making initial strides with beauty products, and absorbing as much as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beginning stages here for beauty treatments. Looking forward to more learning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In beginning stages regarding beauty treatments and love receiving tips I can follow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in beginning stages, to learn beauty treatments and hope for plenty more information.

    ReplyDelete